WEBSITE AND MAILING LIST
PJ Office Services Limited understands that your privacy is important and that you care about how your personal data is used and shared online. We respect the privacy of everyone who visits our website and uses our online services.
We are committed to respecting, securing and protecting your privacy and private data. We are also committed to being transparent about what we collect from you and how we use it.
This policy, which covers your use of our website and online services, provides you with information about what personal data we collect, how we use your data, how we ensure your privacy is maintained, and your legal rights relating to your personal data.
Who We Are
- We are PJ Office Services Limited. Our registered office is 72 London Rd, Northfleet, Gravesend DA11 9LF
- You can contact us by:
- Email – email@example.com
- Post – Data Protection Officer, 72 London Rd, Northfleet, Gravesend DA11 9LF
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data, which this policy and our use of your data has been designed to uphold:
- Right to be informed – you have the right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data.
- Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. You can do this by contacting us using the above details.
- Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
- Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict our processing.
- Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
- Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing (such as direct marketing).
- Rights in relation to object to automated processing and profiling – you also have the right not to be subject to legal effects of automated decision making and profiling.
- If you have cause for complaint about our use of your data, or you would like to exercise any of your rights, then please contact us using the details provided in Section 1 and we will do our best to solve the problem for you.
- If we are unable to help, or you aren’t satisfied with our response, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority – The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted:
What Data Do We Collect From You?
- Contact information such as email addresses, postal address and telephone numbers.
- System information, such as IP Address, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your activity on our site.
- Other publicly available information, including any which you have shared via a public platform such as Twitter or Facebook.
How We Use Your Data
- All personal data is processed and stored securely. We do not keep your personal data for any longer than it is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected.
- Your personal data will be deleted if we’ve not had any action with for after 24 months
- Where we have a legal obligation to keep it longer than that we will delete it as soon as our legal obligation is discharged.
- We may keep your data longer if we are involved in a legal claim or dispute. Where this is the case we will delete it as soon as such claim or dispute is resolved.
- Our use of your data will always have a legal basis (as set out in Section 5), and we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to our website and services.
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our website and services.
- Providing and managing your account on our website.
- Communicating with you (replying to your emails and enquiries).
- To provide you with goods and services as ordered.
- Market research.
- Analysing your use of our site and services, gathering feedback, to continually improve our site and your experience.
- You will always be able to unsubscribe or opt-out from this use at any time.
- We will only process your data where we have a legal basis under the GDPR to do so.
- Our use of your personal data will always have a legal basis, either because:
- It is necessary for our performance of a contract with you; or
- You have consented to our use of your personal data; or
- We are complying with a legal obligation; or
- It is necessary in pursuit of our legitimate interests – detailed below.
- Where our processing of your data is based on our legitimate interests, we will have ensured that such processing is necessary and we will not do so where our interests are over-ridden by yours.
- Our legitimate interests include:
- Selling and supplying our services to customers and potential customers.
- Handling customer and potential customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes.
- Understanding our customers’ (or potential customers’) behaviour, activities, and preferences.
- Improving our products and services, including developing new products and services.
- Promoting, marketing, and advertising our goods and services.
Storing And Sharing Your Data
- Data security is very important to us and we take appropriate security measures to safeguard and secure your data which is collected via our website and services.
- We endeavour to keep all of your personal information in the European Economic Area (EEA). The EEA includes all EU Member States plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein.
- In limited, and necessary, circumstances your information may be transferred outside of the EEA; this will only happen where it can’t be avoided. Where this does happen, we will put special protections in place. We will only move data to countries or organisations:
- Where the EU Commission has deemed their data protection measures to be adequate.
- Or under a contract which enforces the EU Commission approved “standard data protection clauses” which can be viewed at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/transfer/index_en.htm
- We will never sell or otherwise transfer or disclose your personal data to any third party except:
- We may sometimes contract with trusted service providers to provide goods and services on our behalf. These may include payment processing, delivery of goods, search engine facilities, advertising, marketing and IT systems. This will sometimes necessitate the transfer of your personal data to those trusted service providers.
- Where we transfer your data to our trusted service providers we will have confirmed that they will apply data protection and security measures to the same standard we would. We will always impose contractual terms on all of our providers to ensure your data remains secure.
- In certain limited circumstances we may be legally required to share your personal data – for example where we are involved in legal proceedings, where we complying with a court order, regolatory requirement or government department with appropriate legal authority to compel us to do so.
- All cookies used by and on our website are used in accordance with the current cookie law.
- By giving us your consent, you are allowing us to provide the best possible experience of our website. You may refuse consent to cookies; however certain parts of our website may then not function correctly. You can alter your browser settings to refuse all cookies.
- There are four types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies –These are essential to make a website work and provide features you’ve asked for. Generally, these are used to provide shopping baskets and similar. Without these cookies the website may not work as intended.
- Performance Cookies – These collect anonymous information about users for the purposes of tracking the performance of a website. Common uses include well known analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Targeting / Advertising Cookies – These are similar to performance cookies. However they are used to track users’ behaviour and that information is then used on a “per user” basis to advertise products / services on the basis of the behavioural information collected.
- Functionality Cookies – These are used to remember automatically the choices that users have made in order to improve their experience on the website; for example selecting desired layout or language.
- The cookies we use on our website are:
|Strictly Necessary Cookies
|Targetting / Advertising Cookies
Changes To Our Privacy Notice
- We may change this privacy notice from time to time (for example, if the law changes). Any changes will be immediately posted on our site. We recommend you check the privacy notice regularly to remain up to date.
- This privacy notice was last updated in June 2018.